Improving The Air Inside Your Home
As we move toward Spring and the warmer months, we want to improve and regulate our comfort by turning on the air conditioner. But before you do that, some preventative measures goes a long way, with the long, hot summer months ahead. With an a/c system check the distribution and duct systems should be checked as well. Many respiratory conditions and diseases are spread through poorly maintained a/c systems. The Environmental Protection Agencysuggests that cleaning your air ducts professionally every year will reduce health problems, especially if there is visible mold or dust buildup.
How do these conditions occur? It starts with the proper or improper filtration of your central a/c system. With a visit to any hardware or big-box store, one doesn’t have to look far to see the numerous choices of air filters available. It is important to have clean and efficient equipment. But a filter with excessive pressure drop can actually harm the system. You may already be compromising air design if your system is noisy, or you have experienced leaks in your evaporator coil. When the installation of a clean filter changes the velocity noise levels there is a problem. An a/c professional can aid in helping you select the best filtration for your system.
Protect yourself from air contaminants and save energy!
- Ventilate: Open your windows as much as possible to allow the fresh air to reduce contaminants.
- Filtration: Change your unit’s air filters every month if using 1” throwaway filters.
- Purification: Consider purifying equipment if indoor air quality cannot be maintained by filtration and ventilation.
- Equipment: Consider investing in a new ac unit every 10-15 years to maximize efficiency. R-22 refrigerant is on its way out per Federal Clean Air Act.
- Thermostat: turn the unit up when no one is home. Consider Wi-Fi controls with geofencing for automatic control.
- Ventilate: Use your exhaust fan when cooking and showering to remove excessive humidity
Remember, it’s not the heat, but the humidity that leads to mold growth. High indoor humidity can lead to health and discomfort problems. Let Easco Air Conditioning and Heating be your solution to comfort!
Call us to inspect or clean your ducts, perform an a/c service check or do a 10-point electrical safety inspection to make sure all your electrical wiring is safe while we check your air conditioning and heating systems. It’s all about maintaining a comfort level of climate control that is healthy for you and your loved ones.
Put your mind at ease…Call EASCO!