Your AC filter plays a critical role in ensuring your cooling system is working as it should. Not only does it capture any allergens and pollutants in the air that run through your air conditioner, but it helps keep your cooling costs down by allowing air to properly pass through the system.
At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating, our expert HVAC technicians can quickly and expertly handle your air conditioner filter replacement and installation service needs.
We love helping our customers save money. Be sure to check out our coupons and deals for savings on your upcoming service.
Is Regular AC Filter Replacement Necessary?
Yes! The frequency of having your air filter changed varies, but they should be replaced periodically in order to keep air clean and healthy and avoid anyone in your household becoming sick from poor air quality. Other reasons to have your AC filter professionally replaced include:
- Ensure dust and spores are kept to a bare minimum.
- Feel confident about the air quality inside your home.
- Protect yourself and loved ones from allergens and contaminants.
- Keeps your AC working efficiently saving you money on your cooling bills.
- Keeps your air indoors clean and healthy.
How Often Should You Replace Your AC Filter?
This varies greatly! Depending on whether or not you have allergies or respiratory issues or you have pets in your home, or other environmental issues (i.e. lead is present) will determine how often you should have your air filter replaced.
Use the following as an average amount of time that can go by before changing the AC filter in your home:
- Every month or month and a half - homes with more than one pet or anyone with allergies.
- Every two months - households with a dog or cat.
- Every three months - homes with no pets.
- Every six to twelve months - single occupant home with no pets or allergies.
Not sure what to expect when you call our team? Take a look at our recent reviews and feedback.