Air quality is something that many homeowners overlook. That’s because it’s easy to turn a blind eye to the air you’re breathing in. But air quality has a lot to do with comfort in your home as well as your health and safety. At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating we take indoor air quality very seriously. Whether you need a consultation about what you can do to better your air quality or need an appliance repaired or even upgraded, our indoor air quality experts in The Woodlands, TX are here for all your needs.
Here are some of the services we can help you with:
Looking for simple ways to make a difference with your indoor air quality? Be sure to ask about our air duct cleaning services, and enjoy improved airflow and cleaner air.
Why Is Air Quality Important?
When we think about pollution and pollutants, we’re often concerned with what’s outside. But pollutants inside our homes can be as much, if not greater, a cause for concern. Pollutants inside the home can include everything from dust and dander to pollen, smoke, even radon and gases such as carbon monoxide.
Poor indoor air quality can lead to a variety of problems, including:
- Respiratory infections
- Higher susceptibility to illness
- Eye, nose, throat irritation
- Even higher chances of cancer in some cases
You can see why having better air quality in your home can not only help you be more comfortable, it can actually increase the health and safety of your friends and family.
Where Does Poor Air Quality Come From?
Poor indoor air quality is something most homes face at some point or another. Perhaps you have older appliances that are contributing to issues in your air quality or maybe you live in a location with poor outdoor air quality, which then affects the indoor air quality.
There are a multitude of reasons for poor indoor air quality and the list below are some of the more common ones:
- Dirty Air Ducts: If your air ducts haven’t been cleaned in a while, it can lead to dirty air. Luckily, this can be solved with air duct cleaning services, which our expert staff can help with!
- Poor Air Circulation: Air that doesn’t move around well becomes stagnant, which can lead to mold and mildew growth and a musty scent. A simple air filter replacement is a great way to improve air filtration and airflow.
- High Humidity: Humidity inside your home is a great way to grow mold, and mold is leading allergen. With a dehumidifier in place, you can limit humidity levels and improve your home’s comfort.
- Old or Broken Appliances: A furnace that’s on the fritz or an air conditioner that’s not doing its job can all lead to lower quality air in your home. Be sure to keep an eye on your appliances and avoid an unexpected emergency.
Most causes for poor indoor air quality can be easily handled once you take the time to diagnose the problem. Be sure to schedule your ongoing AC maintenance needs today!
Making a Change for Your Air Quality
Our professional HVAC technicians deal with air quality every day. They’re experts on the subject and are passionate about it, too. Not only can we address any of your repair concerns, but we also offer proactive solutions, including UV air sanitizers and whole-home dehumidifiers.
At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating, we have over 30 years of HVAC experience. Whether you’re looking for a small improvement in your air quality or need a considerable upgrade, you can count on our AC contractors for help.