A furnace is an intricate and sometimes complicated appliance. And like any other appliance, it can face its share of problems or issues. Routine furnace maintenance services can help improve the lifespan of your furnace but sometimes things happen and you need a repair. At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating we’re The Woodlands, TX heating, and furnace specialists. Whether your furnace is blowing cold air or it’s making strange noises, you can count on us to provide you with long-lasting and dependable furnace services.
Worried that your system is beyond repairs? Schedule a furnace replacement and upgrade your home with an energy-efficient and smart furnace today!
Signs You Need Furnace Repairs
Nothing is worse than when a furnace breaks down, mostly because it seems to always happen in the middle of the night or when the weather has taken a turn for the absolute frigid. This is why it is so important for homeowners to know the signs and symptoms of an impending problem with your furnace.
Yes, sometimes things break without warning, but many times a furnace does give off signs that something may be wrong. Catching these symptoms early can help prevent a bigger problem down the road:
- No Heat: If your heating system is on and your thermostat set, but your house isn’t warming, it’s likely there’s a problem with your furnace. This is one of the most common symptoms of furnace issues.
- Change in The Pilot Light: Furnace pilot lights are typically blue, and that’s the color they’re supposed to be. So, if you notice that your pilot light has changed to green or yellow, that’s an emergency situation that needs to be addressed immediately.
- Poor Air Quality: If your air quality has taken a turn for the worst, and or you notice soot around your vents or furnace, that’s a sign of an issue with your furnace, so contact a professional.
These are the most common signs, but any time you notice something strange with your furnace, such as odd noises or smells, don’t be afraid to contact Easco Air Conditioning and Heating for a furnace diagnosis.
How Can a Damaged Unit Impact Your Home?
Many homeowners might be tempted to put off a furnace repair. They can be expensive or perhaps the weather has been mild and you just don’t need the furnace right now to keep your home comfortable. But the truth is, delaying a furnace repair can create further problems and often make things worse. The following list includes things to consider when deciding to put off a furnace repair. A broken furnace can:
- Cause higher utility bills
- Be a fire hazard
- Worsen your air quality and lead to increased allergies and illnesses
- Lead to water damage and soot damage in your home
- Lead to a carbon monoxide leak and poisoning
- Cause an explosion
As you can see, some of these issues are increased costs and discomfort, but some of them threaten the health and safety of you and your friends and family members. So if you suspect your furnace needs repair, contact our professionals.
Interested in finding an alternative for your heating needs? We also offer heat pump installation services - a modern alternative for your heating and cooling needs.
Schedule Your Furnace Tune-Up Today!
One of the simplest ways to keep your furnace healthy and running at peak efficiency is to perform and schedule routine furnace maintenance. This is an aspect many homeowners overlook or forget about, but it’s a simple way to prevent costly repairs.
Not only does it help limit the risk of expensive repairs, but also an annual furnace tune-up can help extend the lifespan of your system and lower your energy costs. At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating, we specialize in maintaining furnaces to keep them running well and problem-free for the whole winter. We even offer routine maintenance plans, so you don’t have to worry about calling us every year to schedule an appointment.