Struggling with a broken furnace? Make sure your system is working in time for winter. New residents of Conroe, TX are surprised that it gets pretty cold here!
Fortunately, you have a 24-hour emergency furnace repair company to rely on. Easco Air Conditioning and Heating is committed to delivering top-notch service at the best value.
- Upfront pricing
- Honest advice
- No mess left behind
- Quality workmanship
- Total peace of mind
We love helping you save - take advantage of our deals by mentioning our coupons when you call.
Our goal is to make sure our customers have a safe, transparent, and pleasant experience. We want you to enjoy indoor comfort year-round!
When to Call for Furnace Repairs
When furnace issues arise, it can be tempting to fix it yourself or just ignore it and hope it goes away. So when should you handle the problem yourself and when should you enlist the help of a furnace repair company?
In general, repeated problems should be inspected by a professional. Problems that recur point at a greater issue within your system that may require more than your average repair job.
Why Furnace Maintenance is Important
If you’ve ever experienced a broken furnace, you know how inconvenient it quickly becomes. Common furnace problems include frequent cycling, lack of desired warmth, continuously-running blower, and loud noises when the furnace is running.
Furnace issues are often the result of the following:
- Blocked air filters
- Electrical wiring problems
- Faulty thermostats
- Improperly-sized furnace
- Unlit pilot light (gas systems)
This is why it’s so crucial to invest in regular, proper furnace maintenance. If you do not have the time to check your furnace yourself, Easco Air Conditioning and Heating provides annual maintenance services. Our maintenance process includes replacing filters, tuning up the system, and inspecting for potential problems.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
If your furnace starts to show signs that it's struggling to keep your home warm, it's advisable to keep a close eye on it. Many small furnace problems can be nipped in the bud before they grow into expensive repairs or replacement. Here are a few signs that your furnace is failing:
- Cycling on and off If your furnace starts and stops intermittently, then there’s something in the system that’s preventing it from completing a full heating cycle. Unfortunately, repeated cycling could be the result of many things. For instance, it could be a sign that the heat sensor is due for cleaning or it might mean that the fan motor is dying.
- Abnormal smells Furnaces may smell like the fuel they use, especially if turned on after an extended period of non-usage. Most furnace odors will dissipate as the unit runs, but if there’s a strong persistent smell that occurs suddenly, you may have a furnace problem. These odors may result from a broad array of issues, from excessive dust inside the unit to a gas leak.
- Difficulty starting the unit Over time, you may have trouble turning on your furnace and keeping it running. If you have to keep restarting your furnace or trying several times to start the unit, your furnace likely needs repair. Common culprits include a damaged thermostat or disconnected wiring.
- Inadequate heat If your furnace is not heating your home sufficiently or you notice some cold spots in your house, it’s likely that your furnace is simply not heating enough to keep your home sufficiently warm.
- Persistent noises Furnaces are not silent, but loud and persistent noises point to a serious issue. Pay attention to the sounds your furnace makes and describe them to your contractor during an inspection. For instance, squealing and whistling noises may be signs of fan or belt issues while groaning or banging may indicate that some internal components are either loose or broken.
Common Signs You Need a Furnace Check-Up
It's important to keep your furnace in tip-top shape in order to maintain a comfortable and safe home environment. But sometimes, it can be hard to tell when your furnace needs attention.
One sign that you may need a furnace checkup is if your energy bills have increased significantly. Another sign to look out for is strange noises coming from your furnace. While some humming and whirring may be normal, loud or unusual sounds could indicate a problem that needs attention. Additionally, if you notice any sudden changes in the temperature or air quality in your home, it could be a sign that your furnace needs to be checked.
It's always a good idea to schedule a furnace checkup at least once a year, preferably before the start of the heating season, to help identify any potential safety hazards, such as carbon monoxide leaks, and ensure your furnace is functioning properly.
Troubleshooting Your Furnace Problem
Before calling for furnace repairs, here’s a troubleshooting checklist that can help you narrow down the problem:
Ensure your thermostat is set to “heat”- We understand that you are busy and there are plenty of things to keeping in mind when seasons change, so it’s possible that you forgot to switch your thermostat to “heat.” Always double check before making a service call.
- Check the circuit breaker - Check the circuit breaker controlling your furnace to see whether it’s in the off or middle position. If it’s in the middle position, cycle it to OFF and then reset it to the ON position.
- Check your furnace filter - Clogged filters are one of the most common causes of an inefficient system. Be sure to change your filter as recommended by your manufacturer for optimal performance.
- Check your furnace switch - Confirm that the furnace switch is in the on or up position (like a regular switch). Once the switch is powered on, give your furnace a couple of minutes to come on as most systems have built-in delays.
Interested to see what your neighbors are saying about us? Check out our recent reviews!
What to Expect When You Work with Us
Our 24-hour phone line means you get immediate response to your furnace problems no matter what time of day you call. You will always be greeted by a friendly professional who listens to your needs and dispatches an expert to your door at a time most convenient for you.
When your Easco furnace repair technician arrives, they will assess your system and locate the source of the problem. They take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and properly inform you of the situation. Then they will present you with your options.
We tailor every job to your specific needs and budget; we never start any work on your furnace without your approval. With upfront pricing and detailed job discussion, you will know what to expect from start to finish.