Staying cool in Texas can get costly. Choosing the right air conditioning system is crucial for your utility bills and comfort. If you’re looking for an alternative to central air, why not a ductless mini split AC system? These cooling units are faster and easier to install, and they require less maintenance since there is no additional ductwork to worry about.
Easco Air Conditioning and Heating is your local Conroe ductless mini split installation contractor committed to ensuring your total home comfort.
- Upfront pricing
- Quality products
- Top-notch workmanship
- No mess left behind
Find ways to save on a full range of our services- just mention our coupons when you call!
How Do Ductless Mini Split Systems Work?
Mini-splits are heating and cooling systems that allow you to control the temperatures in individual spaces or rooms. They typically comprise an indoor evaporator or air handling unit and outdoor compressor/condenser.
Mini-splits are easy to install, usually requiring only a small hole through a wall for the conduit, which houses a copper tubing, a condensation drain line, and power and communication cables that link the outdoor and indoor units. They’re ideal for whole home or new constructions with “non-ducted” systems. They also work well for spaces that require only a small space conditioning system and room additions where installing or extending ductwork is not feasible.
Getting the Most Out of Your Ductless Mini Split System
Ductless mini-split systems have gained popularity for their ease of installation and energy efficiency. Whether you have a mini-split system or considering investing in one, here are a few tips to ensure optimum performance:
- Proper installation: Professional installation is essential to ensuring your mini-split system functions its best.
- Care: A few maintenance tasks should keep your unit running in tip-top condition. Remove dust and debris weekly from the vents as well as the outer portion of the unit. Ensure the inside unit isn’t blocked by large furniture, as mini-splits require sufficient space to work correctly. Once a month, check the pipes to ensure they’re clear and free of leaks and clean or replace filters. You can simply hose off the outside unit-just make sure it’s off before doing so.
- Professional Maintenance: Professional maintenance is also critical to keep your unit running efficiently. Schedule regular maintenance and our technicians will assess electrical connections, check drain hoses for clogs, inspect your unit for refrigerant leaks, and carry out many other maintenance tasks to ensure your unit serves you efficiently for longer.
What Size Mini Split Do You Need?
Properly sizing a mini-split system requires you to find a system with the right BTU (British Thermal Unit) rating. The BTU rating is a measurement used to determine the amount of cooling and/or heating energy an AC or heater is capable of expensing. Most products will indicate BTU per hour, so the higher the BTU listed for a mini-split system, the more space its capable of cooling or heating in an hour.
Choosing a unit with too high a BTU rating will lead to a lot of wasted energy. Similarly, a unit with a low BTU rating will not cool your space sufficiently. Therefore, when choosing a mini-split system, consider factors such as the size of the room, the number of doors and windows, and whether the room gets direct sunlight.
Is Ductless Mini Split Installation Right for You?
Consider these factors before purchasing a ductless mini split system:
- Does your home have existing ductwork?
- Are you looking for upfront savings?
- Do you want to save more on your energy bill?
- Do you want cleaner indoor air?
- Do you want better climate control?
If your home does not already have ductwork in place, it will be more costly to install the ductwork for a central AC system; it also takes longer to install (more than one week). With a ductless mini split, it only takes 1-2 days to install. Since it’s less labor-intensive, you save more on installation and can get back to your normal routine much faster.
Since ductless mini splits only cool the rooms they are in, no energy is wasted in rarely-used rooms or areas of the home. If you have more than one ductless unit installed, you can take advantage of zoned cooling to control the temperature in individual rooms.
Pollutants like pollen, dust, bacteria, and vermin are potential contaminants in air ducts. So if you have central air conditioning you will have to make sure your ducts are cleaned regularly to ensure healthy indoor air for your family. A ductless mini split, on the other hand, is better able to keep pollutants at bay since there are no ducts for them to accumulate.
If you are ready to install a new ductless mini split air conditioner, give us a call for a professional home assessment.
Find out why so many of our customers are repeat customers when you read our latest reviews.