Your home’s HVAC system is a complicated network of appliances, vents, and ductwork, and yet many homeowners forget about the ductwork entirely since it’s hidden away in your attic or ceiling. But dirty or damaged ductwork can create a myriad of problems for your HVAC system and your entire home. This is why Easco Air Conditioning and Heating offers ductwork cleaning and repair services. We’re your reliable HVAC specialists in The Woodlands, TX area, going the extra mile to keep your family comfortable!
We also offer indoor air quality services ranging from UV air sanitizers to air filter replacements, keeping your home comfortable and healthy.
Why Clean Your Ducts?
The air ducts in your HVAC system have one job, and that’s to move warm or cold air throughout your home and to your vents and HVAC appliances. If your ducts are dirty, this can impede the movement of the air throughout your home while also contaminating the air you breathe. Some of the most common problems homes experience due to dirty ducts can include:
- Poor air quality
- Increased fire hazard
- Higher utility costs
- Shorter HVAC appliance lifespan
- Low airflow
If you’ve noticed a drop in your home’s airflow and air quality, and an increase in your utility bill, it may be time to contact Easco Air Conditioning and Heating to schedule a duct cleaning today. Our air conditioning service experts will inspect your air ducts and determine the best course of action for a cleaner system.
Signs Your Ductwork Needs Repair
Even though your ductwork doesn’t have moving parts like the appliances in your HVAC system, they can still be damaged or suffer from age-related wear and tear. Nothing lasts forever, and this is true for ductwork as well. But because much of your home’s ductwork is hidden in the attic it can be hard to know when your ducts may need repair. The list below can help you familiarize yourself with some common signs that your ductwork may need repair:
- Air Leaks: If your house has suddenly become drafty in a way it wasn’t before, that could be a sign of an air leak in your ductwork.
- More Dust: Dust or even soot around the vents in your rooms can be signs of a dirty or clogged filter or ductwork.
- Strange Noises: HVAC systems tend to come with their own sets of sounds and noises, but if you hear unfamiliar bangs or hisses, it could be a problem with your ductwork.
- Higher Energy Costs: If your ductwork has a leak, this will result in higher energy costs and is often one of the first signs a homeowner will notice that points to an issue with their ducts.
- Pests: A hole in your ductwork can allow insects and rodents access to areas of your home they normally wouldn’t be able to reach. If you notice a sudden infestation, it may be due to your ducts.
Any time your ductwork is damaged, you could be limiting the amount of airflow in your home. With our air duct repair services, you can keep your system running in top shape, while also improving the airflow in every room of your Woodlands, TX home!
Worried that your air conditioner is the problem? An AC installation is the best way to leverage your new ductwork for a cooler and more comfortable home.
Trust the Professionals
When you need your ductwork cleaned or have a problem that needs to be repaired, that’s a job for a professional. Ductwork is not something that most homeowners can handle on their own, so it’s important to rely on HVAC technicians that have ductwork experience and knowledge. Easco Air Conditioning and Heating has over 30 years of HVAC expertise, and our services include duct cleaning, repair, and installation.