As our technology keeps moving toward the future, our HVAC systems are following right along. One of the more recent and popular additions to HVAC systems are smart thermostats. These thermostats allow homeowners to control the temperature of their home from their smartphone. No longer do you have to be home to change the temperature settings in your residence. At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating we’re your thermostat installation experts in The Woodlands, TX. We’re happy to answer any and all questions you may have about installing a smart thermostat in your home.
Control your home’s heating and cooling from anywhere, anytime, with Nest Learning Thermostats! Click here to learn more!
Signs It May Be Time for a New Thermostat
Changing out a thermostat is something most homeowners never bother with. As long as your existing thermostat works, that is. But there are symptoms you should be aware of when it comes to the thermostat. The list below are signs that your thermostat may have a problem that requires repair or replacement:
- HVAC Won’t Turn On: If you’ve set your temperature on your thermostat and your heater or AC unit doesn’t respond, it could be a sign that there’s a problem with your thermostat.
- HVAC Won’t Turn Off: This is the same as the one above. If you change the setting on your thermostat but your air conditioner or heater just keeps on running, there’s probably a problem.
- No Response: If your thermostat isn’t responding to you at all, it could be an issue with the thermostat itself. If it’s battery-powered, try replacing the battering first to see if that solves the issue.
- Uneven Temperatures: Sometimes when a thermostat is broken, it turns the AC unit or heater on and off when it’s not supposed to. You may notice this by an uneven temperature in your home.
If you’re experiencing any of the above issues, it may be time for a new thermostat. Easco Air Conditioning and Heater are thermostat experts and can help find the ideal thermostat option for your home.
Should You Upgrade Your Thermostat?
Sometimes new technology can be scary. It’s easy to stick with the old analog or digital thermostats we’re familiar with. After all, they work fine! And while that may be true, there are some benefits to upgrading your HVAC system with a smart thermostat:
- Fewer HVAC repairs
- Extended HVAC appliance lifespan
- More eco-friendly
- Utility cost savings
- Automatic temperature adjustments
These are just some of the ways a smart thermostat can make your HVAC system work at peak performance as well as increase the comfort of your home. Because smart thermostats can learn what kind of settings you like, they can remove the hassle of always adjusting the temperature. And they can adjust to outside temperatures as well, making themselves a great choice for homeowners in The Woodlands, TX trying to limit their carbon footprint.
Looking for additional ways to make your home eco-friendly? Be sure to ask about our geothermal heating systems, and harness the earth for your heating and cooling needs!
Why Rely on a Professional?
While many homeowners in the area are DIY savvy, when it comes to thermostat repair or installation, it’s always best to work with a reliable HVAC service company. Improperly installing or repairing a thermostat can lead to problems down the road, including additional strain on your HVAC system and higher utility costs.
This is why it’s important to rely on a professional you can trust. At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating we’re smart thermostat experts. We have over 30 years of HVAC experience and can inspect your home and offer you a variety of thermostat options that can suit your home and your needs, including multi-zone and programmable thermostats.