Nothing is more frustrating for a homeowner than suddenly facing an air conditioner or furnace that is acting up. Of course, this always seems to happen in the middle of the scorching summer or when the winter temperatures drop to season lows. This is why it’s so important to have a local 24-hour emergency service company like Easco Air Conditioning and Heating. When you need us most, we are your reliable HVAC technicians for The Woodlands, TX. We’re here to help you any time of day or night because when it’s an emergency there’s no time to waste.
Want to avoid emergencies altogether? Be sure to schedule your annual air conditioner maintenance with our staff today!
Signs of an Air Conditioner Emergency
Almost every homeowner has experienced a broken air conditioner. Whether you know what the problem is or you have no clue, when temperatures rise into the triple digits you know it’s an AC emergency. This following list includes common signs that your air conditioner needs urgent care:
- Something Smells Strange: Generally, air conditioners don’t smell, so if you notice scents coming from your AC, it’s typically a sign that something is wrong. Musty smells could indicate mold, while a burning electrical smell could signal that something is about to fail.
- AC Isn’t Cooling: If your air conditioner is blowing air, but the air isn’t cold or cooling your space, this could be a clue that your system is straining. The strain could be due to duct leaks, condenser issues, even problems with your refrigerant levels.
- Strange Sounds: Most homeowners are used to the typical noises air conditioners make as they blow air or cycle on and off. But if you notice strange, or odd noises from your AC unit it’s time to pay attention. Hissing noises can be a sign that there’s a leak in your ductwork. If this issue is left alone, the strain can cause your entire system to fail.
- Power Cycling: In many cases, the first sign of trouble is an air conditioner that’s continually cycling on and off. This could either indicate there’s an issue with your thermostat or the electrical system for your air conditioner is close to breaking.
Because The Woodlands, TX homeowners depend so heavily on air conditioners, detecting potential emergency AC repairs early is the best way to limit downtime and restore the comfort to your home as quickly as possible.
How Can Heating Repair Issues Affect Your Home?
Even in Texas, winters can get chilly, so it’s important to deal with any heating system issues as soon as they crop up. Nothing is worse than facing cold winter weather with a broken heater, unable to keep you and your loved ones warm. If your heater does break, it’s important to get it checked out by an HVAC technician as soon as possible. Even if you’re not worried about the temperature of your home, a broken heater can:
- Raise the cost of your utility bills
- Negatively impact the air quality of your home
- Limit the airflow throughout your home
- Increase fluctuation in air temperatures
- Create strange noises or smells in your heater
For a 24-hour emergency heating service call, our HVAC technicians will come to your home and assess and diagnose the problem. Many times this can be repaired right then and there, though sometimes if your heater is older, it may need to be replaced.
Looking for heater replacement services? We offer top-quality services using the very best high-efficiency appliances on the market.
Are You Dealing With Furnace Troubles?
While The Woodlands, TX is not known for it’s freezing temperatures, when the winter season does come, it’s important to have your furnace in top working order. Because a furnace has such a limited amount of usage throughout the year, it’s common for this system to have issues.
Emergency furnace issues can include anything from your furnace continually cycling on and off, air blowing through your vents but not heating your space, strange smells (especially if you smell gas,) and loud and unusual noises.
Any of the above could signify a serious problem with your furnace, and require immediate attention. At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating, we are your reliable 24-hour emergency furnace repair service company. When you need us most, our technicians will be there to get your system back up and running, keeping you comfortable on those cold winter nights.