The level of humidity in your home is an often overlooked aspect, but humidity can have as much, or even more, bearing on comfort than cooling or heating. Too much moisture in your air can cause problems with your appliances as well as furniture, flooring, and allergens, so it may be worth considering a whole-house dehumidifier installation to fight back. At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating we’re dehumidification experts and have been serving The Woodlands, TX area for over 30 years. From new system installations to dehumidifier repair services, our HVAC service company is here to help.
Want to be sure the air in your home is healthy for your family? Be sure to schedule indoor air quality services with our experts, and enjoy a happier home today!
Why Consider a Whole House Dehumidifier?
Dehumidifiers traditionally come in two different forms. One is an appliance the homeowner (or commercial contractor) can plug in and dehumidify a space. These are especially useful when you have a single room that is prone to moisture or when trying to remediate flood or water damage. And then there are whole-house dehumidifiers, which are great for homes that regularly experience moisture and humidity.
But it can be difficult to know whether a whole home unit is worth the cost and effort, so the list below breaks down some reasons why it may be a good choice to install a whole-home dehumidifier:
- High levels of humidity can cause mold, mildew, and bacteria to grow, which can increase the chances of allergies as well as certain illnesses. To prevent this growth, you would need to limit the humidity in your home.
- High levels of humidity combined with low air temperatures can cause clammy skin, something most people try to avoid. Removing the moisture from the air with a whole-home humidifier can solve that problem.
- The less moisture you have in your home, the less strain is put on your air conditioner, for cost savings on your monthly utility bill as well as extending the life of your AC unit.
If whole-house dehumidification sounds like it might be a good idea, Easco Air Conditioning and Heating would be happy to help and answer any of your questions.
Common Dehumidifier Problems
All appliances can break down, especially if annual maintenance is ignored. But dealing with issues and problems when they first appear can often go a long way to making the repair easier and often cheaper for the homeowner. This is why it’s important to familiarize yourself with these common dehumidifier problems:
- Leaks: If you notice a leak or a puddle around your dehumidifier, you may have a refrigerant leak.
- Won’t turn on: If your system won’t power on, it could be that you have a full reservoir, or could also be dealing with blown electrical circuits.
- Frost and Ice: If you find frost or ice on your lines it may be caused by frozen evaporator coils.
Understanding common problems is the first step a homeowner can take to help solve a problem when it does arrive. If you’re dealing with a dehumidifier repair issue, you can count on our staff to avoid issues stemming from excess humidity.
Another area of your home that can impact your air quality is the ductwork. We offer air duct cleaning and repair services to help improve airflow and limit impurities in your air.
How Are Whole House Dehumidifiers Maintained?
Like any appliance, whether small or large, maintenance is a key concern for keeping the system running at peak performance as well as limiting breakdowns and extending the life of the appliance. Whole-house dehumidifiers are no different. Luckily, routine maintenance for a whole-house dehumidifier is something that is easy and simple and can be scheduled in advance with our expert staff.
The number one thing you can do to keep your system healthy is regularly replacing the filter. The filter prevents allergens and particles from traveling through the air and into your lungs, and a clogged filter puts more strain on the filter. You would also need to make sure that the condenser coils are routinely inspected and the intake and exhaust grills are kept clean and free from debris.
At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating, our expert staff is here to help. We understand the importance of humidity and the impact it can have on your home. Luckily, with our dehumidifier services, you can enjoy a balanced and comfortable environment in your home.