In the hot months of a Texas summer, a properly working air conditioner can be a lifesaver. But air conditioners are complicated appliances of ducts and vents and coils and lines and sometimes if one little thing goes wrong it can affect the whole cooling system. This is why evaporator coils are so important and why Easco Air Conditioning and Heating are counted on to be reliable and trustworthy air conditioning service company. Whether they’re frozen over or leaking freon, you can count on our AC contractors to provide you with quick and reliable evaporator coil services.
Want to avoid frozen coils? Be sure to schedule your ongoing AC maintenance appointment today!
Signs Your Evaporator Coils Are Damaged
Evaporator coils are an essential part of your air conditioner unit. They’re part of the system where the refrigerant absorbs heat. Meaning, it’s where the cold air comes from. They’re located near the blower fan and without them, your AC unit wouldn’t provide your home with any cool air. Problems with the evaporator coils can be common, and symptoms include:
- Bad smells: If there’s an unpleasant scent when your AC unit is blowing air, it could be a sign there’s mold or bacteria buildup on the evaporator coils. When air is cooled it can attract water vapor, and water vapor can attract mold and mildew.
- Frozen coils: Because they work to cool air and send it into your home, evaporator coils have to be cold. Specifically right around the freezing temperature of 32 degrees Fahrenheit. If water remains on the coils too long, it will freeze, and when too much ice builds up on the coils and fan it can stop the entire unit from working.
- Leaks: If you notice a puddle of water beneath or near your AC unit, chances are you have a refrigerant leak. Unfortunate just adding more refrigerant won’t solve the problem, and this is an issue that needs professional repair in order to make sure your system continues to work as required.
If you suspect you have an issue with your evaporator coils, contact our air conditioner service company for a diagnosis and solution. In many cases, frozen coils and fluctuating temperatures are both easily solved with evaporator coil cleaning. Our technicians will always take the time to find the main cause of your issues, ensuring a long-term fix.
Prevention Is Easy
Like any appliance, keeping the evaporator coils well maintained and routinely serviced will help your AC unit have a long life and prevent any of the above problems from happening. The good news is there are plenty of easy maintenance steps any homeowner can do to keep their AC in good running condition:
- Remove any debris on your AC unit or lines
- Keep the evaporator coils clean and dry
- Make sure to have your AC unit professional serviced at least once a year
- Check for problems such as clogs or leaks
- Regularly clean and replace air filters
These simple steps can help your AC system operate at peak efficiency for years to come. If, however, you need a more throughout service, you can count on our AC contractors for all your evaporator coil needs.
Are your cooling issues caused by another problem? We also offer AC repair services you can depend on.
The Importance of Evaporator Coil Services
By keeping a close eye on your AC unit you can be on hand to prevent any problems from happening. Early detection is really important for a variety of reasons such as:
- Saving Energy: Many evaporator coil issues are energy wasters. Because when the coils fail and stop cooling the air, the AC unit often keeps running, using up electricity for no cooling effects in your home.
- Saving Money: And for the above reasons, coils that stop working means you’re wasting money, too, as the AC continues to run but provides no comfort. There may be an upfront cost to have broken coils fixed, but there’s definitely a cost to leaving them broken.
- Saving comfort: And of course, the whole reason we use AC units in the first place is to be comfortable in our homes. By keeping your coils running efficiently and effectively, you’ll keep you and your family comfortable and safe all summer long.
At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating, we’re dedicated to keeping your AC system in peak performance. When you need us most, we’ll be there to help you with everything from regular maintenance to full replacements, we strive to provide the very best in customer care.