In the hot Sterling Ridge, TX summer, an air conditioner is an important appliance not only for your comfort but in some cases for your safety as well. Unfortunately, like any other mechanical appliance, your air conditioner will need routine maintenance and care in order to operate at peak efficiency. At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating, we are your reliable AC service company. With over 30 years of experience, you can depend on us to resolve all your AC problems.
Want to know more about our quality service? Be sure to visit our reviews page to read our long-time customers' testimonials.
Does My AC Need Repairs?
Even though routine maintenance is recommended, you could still face an unexpected AC breakdown. But many AC units will give you warning signs well before a complete breakdown, giving you an ideal opportunity to avoid an emergency air conditioning repair. These symptoms include:
- Warm Air: The first and most obvious sign your AC needs repair is when it stops doing the one thing it should: cool your home.
- Excess Moisture: If you notice excess moisture in your home, most noticeably around the unit itself and your windows, there could be an issue with your air conditioner.
- Strange Noises: Any loud bangs or unusual noises such as frequent cycling, is a signal that repairs may be needed.
- Leaks: Any leaks coming from the unit, vents, or pipes, or puddles of liquid around the unit, are an issue that should be addressed immediately.
- Increased Energy Costs: If you notice a spike in your energy costs, it could be due to your AC straining to cool your home. You may also have to turn your thermostat to a very low setting in order to cool the space.
- Uneven Cooling: If there are spaces or rooms that are cool and others that are warm, repairs are most likely needed.
At the first sign of AC trouble, be sure to work with our air conditioner technicians to find a convenient solution. Because you rely on your air conditioner for daily comfort, more often than not you should be able to note a minor change in performance. By detecting issues early on, you can avoid major emergencies and help lower your costs.
How Does a Damaged Air Conditioner Affect You?
Not only does a broken AC unit cause uncomfortable days and nights during the hot summer, but also aspects like your health, energy costs, and even your home’s structure can be affected.
Many Sterling Ridge, TX homeowners depend on their air conditioner to not only keep them cool but to help with breathing issues such as allergies and asthma. When your AC is not working properly, your air quality may decrease. These problems can make breathing issues worse. And when excess moisture builds up to the point of weakening the integrity of the wood structures in your home, it can affect your home’s structural integrity. While this can affect support beams and other major construction, it can also cause damage to walls, window sills, and molding.
For free safety inspections and priority service join our air conditioning maintenance program today!
The Benefits of AC Maintenance
A good way to limit unexpected AC repairs is by having routine maintenance performed by a professional. Besides fewer repairs, there are other benefits to proper maintenance including:
- Increased energy efficiency
- Better air quality
- Extended lifespan of the unit
- Increased cooling efficiency
Finding a trusted AC maintenance professional is also important to extend the life of your system. At Easco Air Conditioning and Heating, our experienced HVAC technicians are able to spot, diagnose, and fix problems before they become worse. Best of all, we’ve been serving homeowners like you for over 30 years, so you can trust you’ll get the very best care with every call.